Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
2 Timothy 2:22
Purity thrives at the intersection of three vital defenses: Flee from Sin, Come to Christ, and Share with Others.
The Purity Shield™ approach is built on a framework of two types of accountability: Christians are accountable to God and accountable to one another within the church.
Based on this framework and the Apostle Paul’s instructions in 2 Timothy 2:22, this book will examine the three vital defenses that work together to cultivate a lifestyle of purity:
- Flee from Sin (“Now flee from youthful lusts”)
- Come to Christ (“and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace”)
- Share with Others (“with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.”)
Where the defenses overlap, we get purity in the center along with three fortifying practices:
- Regular repentance (turning from sin to Christ)
- Christian community (drawing near to God alongside other believers)
- Thoughtful transparency (deliberately exposing relevant details of your life to trustworthy individuals who will hold you accountable)
We call this comprehensive approach the Purity Shield because purity thrives only at the center, where all of these elements come together. Sexual purity is the fruit of a lifestyle of accountability!